When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a how to

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

That bike guy

Finally riding a big boys bike
Is there a trick to lubing a set of petals Like these with clip bolts?
IMG_0292.jpg

You can remove the clips by prying them off. The bad part is they are easy to damage. The good part is you can get replacement clips on EBay. They are also used to hold wheels on Tonka trucks. Just get the ones for 1/4" axles. They are called push nuts. You can use a nut driver to push them on. I just rebuilt a set with the same clips. Hope this helps.

I use WD on the clips... let them soak.
I use an old cub scout knife thin blade
and gently massage the clip off.

And deepsouth's suggestion is excellent.

Last edited:
I've used a grease gun needle tip to grease them, after spraying copious amounts of wd40 in there to wash it out. Its a lazy way but it sometimes works.

View attachment 740099

There was two sizes of those needles and I broke the smaller one+ probably no longer available. It was similar to a hypo and with a slight bend on it you could reach into the. Wheel bearings on my 69 Malibu etc..
Imusta picked it up when Warshaskys was still on South Side of Chicago

Remove the push nuts.Have some extras because they break easily.I dont know if Ace may carry them

Back