When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a liitle help with this one is it a corvette or jaguar.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What's the serial number? That could have a mid November or later 1958 serial number but it looks like and probably is a 19*59 model. The guard and decal on the seat mask are 59 issue. Mid November was the stopping point for the years production and any serial numbers recorded after that were on the next years models. No Jag with a tank had a top tube Schwinn decal.

Actually, there's a number of style with the chromed chain guard, about 1959, Jag, Corvette, Panther, Hollywood, Fair lady, and Debutante. There's also a Green Wasp out there in photo land with that guard. . Moreover as long as the styles were made in same color, mix and match any type frame with a different name.

You hit the nail on the head: "No Jag with a tank had a top tube Schwinn decal." Which ever of the three it is, was made without a tank.

Answers the question: "Did my Jag, Corv. or panther have a tank?" 'Not if it has the logo on the top crossbar.'

Need a little help with a id on this one. I know the sprocket is wrong.
Ended up being a 1962 Corvette. Changed it up a little to the kind of bikes we would build back in the late 60's and early 70's before we got motorcycles.
We always thought of them as 26" muscle bikes.

Attachments

• PB061555.jpg
    PB061555.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 136
  • PB061554.jpg
    PB061554.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 20141123_142608.jpg
    20141123_142608.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 20141123_210822.jpg
    20141123_210822.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
What's the serial number? That could have a mid November or later 1958 serial number but it looks like and probably is a 19*59 model. The guard and decal on the seat mask are 59 issue. Mid November was the stopping point for the years production and any serial numbers recorded after that were on the next years models. No Jag with a tank had a top tube Schwinn decal.

K977484 Oct/ 26/1959. So probably a Corvette in sheep's clothing as well?
Chucky

I didn't know Corvettes came in blue. I thought the first bike was a Jaguar.

The Jag/Vette/Tiger/American were offered in opalescent red, blue, and green, as well as black. And the few white 61 Vettes! Lower end models had fewer color choices, the Typhoon was red or black for a few years.

Back