When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a lil help with Kick stand info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sunset~ave_schwinn

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 24” frame with a odd size kick stand, it’s around 8”, my other two 24” frames from the 60’s have around 9” stands and the jr 20” frame I have is like 7” and the full size 20” frame I have is like 9” sooo can anyone tell the where the 8” stand came from and is it correct for an early 80’s 24” frame., thanks

I have a 24” frame with a odd size kick stand, it’s around 8”, my other two 24” frames from the 60’s have around 9” stands and the jr 20” frame I have is like 7” and the full size 20” frame I have is like 9” sooo can anyone tell the where the 8” stand came from and is it correct for an early 80’s 24” frame., thanks
Keep in mind that there is a difference in the 24" middleweight and the 24" balloon tire height, which makes a difference in how the bicycle sits with the kick stand down.
Are there part #'s on the kick stands?
If your using a 24" Schwinn '79 Spitfire or '80's Cruiser the Schwinn kick stand description is actually called Sprag Assembly. Schwinn Spitfire / Cruiser 24" Sprag Assy. manufacture No. is #8336 / #336.

I know it's kind of hard to see but here's a 1979 Schwinn Spec sheet for the 24" Spitfire.

assa.JPG

Last edited:
I just sold my 63’ and I kinda remember the first number bing 3 and the last 7 with \\ that mark at the end, I didn’t check the 67’ before sending it to chrome, and the 82’, I don’t think it had anything, I’ll double check on that one and the 77’ and 80’. Thanks for the specs. I also remember reading something about schwinn changing numbers on parts after 71’?

Back