When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a little guidance from our Schwinn folks.

-
Jim,
In which part of the country do you live? There may be a CABEr in your area with something similar to your bride's bike that they're wanting to sell. Lots of stuff on the local FB Marketplace, check it out near you.

Thanks Eddie, I checked the Marketplace out yesterday. Got my eyeballs on a couple. I also received a PM from @bikemonkey (Micheal) in Albemarle, NC. I'm definitely gonna take a to Albemarle, and see Michael if all works out.

Jim

Last edited:
I see you are in Concord, NC. We will have the Hurricane Coaster show the first week of Feb at Cabarrus Arena and I can almost guarantee you will find something. V/r Shawn

Thanks bud, we'll be there for the next show. Live about 5 miles from the place.

Why New ? You Don't Want New...............................Do You ? @Rivnut has a great plan .....................I would try that first . :oops:

I really don't want a new Curtis, Just for the heck of it I've just been checking them out. From what I've read here and seen in reviews most of reasonable priced new ones are crap. So I'm keeping my eyeballs open on Craigslist, and FB marketplace. Got a couple I'm interested in.

Jim

Last edited:
Thank you all for the help, and suggestions. I'm in a bit of a different situation concerning riding. My dearest was in a head-on car accident some years back, and has nerve damage in her back, and hip. So, I'm getting the old Murray fixed up for her to try. Hopefully riding a cruiser like it won't cause any problems with the nerves. So we are praying it doesn't, and if all is well then I'll buy me one that I can ride with her. I ordered two new ties from Wally World, but they can't seem to send me two of the same tires (yeah I know, it's Wally World). I sent the wrong one back last week, and reordered in hopes they would seen me the correct one to have matching tires. Picked the reorder up today. You guessed it, wrong again. So, I've ordered two from Amazon, and they won't get here until sometime next week. Hopefully I'll get two of the same tires this time, and get the bike on the ground for her to try. Keep your fingers crossed that she can ride it without any problems.

Thanks again, you folks are great.
Jim

Last edited:
I see you are in Concord, NC. We will have the Hurricane Coaster show the first week of Feb at Cabarrus Arena and I can almost guarantee you will find something. V/r Shawn
Shameless plug! I was just working on our 2020 Hurricane swap flyer yesterday!

33830B5E-5FA7-453D-9A84-36B474152DF6.jpeg

If she has nerve damage which may present balance problems, there'd be nothing wrong with putting her on a three wheeler. There are kits out there to convert what you already have.
24trike-31.jpg

Thank you all for the help, and suggestions. I'm in a bit of a different situation concerning riding. My dearest was in a head-on car accident some years back, and has nerve damage in her back, and hip. So, I'm getting the old Murray fixed up for her to try. Hopefully riding a cruiser like it won't cause any problems with the nerves. So we are praying it doesn't, and if all is well then I'll buy me one that I can ride with her. I ordered two new ties from Wally World, but they can't seem to send me two of the same tires (yeah I know, it's Wally World). I sent the wrong one back last week, and reordered in hopes they would seen me the correct one to have matching tires. Picked the reorder up today. You guessed it, wrong again. So, I've ordered two from Amazon, and they won't get here until sometime next week. Hopefully I'll get two of the same tires this time, and get the bike on the ground for her to try. Keep your fingers crossed that she can ride it without any problems.

Thanks again, you folks are great.
Jim
Maybe you need a tandem.

Back