When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a Picture

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

idighistory

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am trying to find a picture of a tricycle I had when I was a little kid. It would be in the 50s and I got it for Christmas. All I can remember is that it was Black and had a lot Chrome on it. If I see a picture of it I am sure I can remember it. I would like to get one before I die out. Thanks

When I have a situation like this, I try a search on Pinterest. Often I find what I am looking for.

Sounds like you had a cool trike, good luck!

When I have a situation like this, I try a search on Pinterest. Often I find what I am looking for.

Sounds like you had a cool trike, good luck!
Thanks I will try it. I have been looking for years with no luck so far.

Reactions: JLF
I am trying to find a picture of a tricycle I had when I was a little kid. It would be in the 50s and I got it for Christmas. All I can remember is that it was Black and had a lot Chrome on it. If I see a picture of it I am sure I can remember it. I would like to get one before I die out. Thanks
:poutingcat: Need MORE to go on :mad: Too hard to search with such little info. Please elaborate :)

Did it happen to have a small chrome plated headlight on the front fender? Colson, in their Imperial series, along with Hedstrom and Garton made '50s trikes that were primarily black with other colors mixed in as trim. The Garton was their police style tricycle from the 1952-54 time period. Oh, and there's also the Rollfast Hopalong Cassidy trike that was black and white with chrome features. The Colson Imperial trikes, like the one in my thumbnail photo, have lots of chrome details and also sported the headlight that I first asked about. I have a Hedstrom trike mainly black but just the normal amount of chrome - handlebars, seat springs, and hubcaps. That might give you a few models to check out on Google.

Dave

Did it happen to have a small chrome plated headlight on the front fender? Colson, in their Imperial series, along with Hedstrom and Garton made '50s trikes that were primarily black with other colors mixed in as trim. The Garton was their police style tricycle from the 1952-54 time period. Oh, and there's also the Rollfast Hopalong Cassidy trike that was black and white with chrome features. The Colson Imperial trikes, like the one in my thumbnail photo, have lots of chrome details and also sported the headlight that I first asked about. I have a Hedstrom trike mainly black but just the normal amount of chrome - handlebars, seat springs, and hubcaps. That might give you a few models to check out on Google.

Dave
It didn't have a light that I remember. I checked all the ones you have mentioned here, but there is nothing jogging my memory. More than likely it would be a Flyer or something that would be sold in stores here in the South. Seems like it did have a double step on the back. In my pea brain the one thing that stuck is Black and Chrome. Boy it was sure pretty and would love to find one. Thanks for your help. Jerry

Back