When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advice on Higgins bent part

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Savinsam

Look Ma, No Hands!
Can this bent part be straightened with heat and careful pressure, not kinking the thin tube? Thanks!

100_4007.JPG

100_4006.JPG

If you can find aluminum blocks like in pic. You could lay stem across with high spot of bend at Top dead center. With another block then using a press it will move it. These pieces were similar to blocks I used to straighten AS button bars. After watching brother straighten HD crash bars I used rubber shims in larger blocks to reduce dia.+ save chrome on old crossbars.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1532814735210.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1532814735210.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Nest question then: should I not be able to get it straightened, are there other good parts like it available?

-----

stem is mild steel and readily alignable. deformation appears to be relatively modest.

great advice above! ;)

-----

Thanks guys, so I went with my instincts; found a piece of round stock, inserted it to near the bend area, and then applied heat from propane torch. Gentle persuasion did the trick!

Back