When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need another opinion

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BemFan176

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Does anyone know if this front hub would pass on a G519 tribute if sandblasted and painted OD? I know it's the correct brand but wanted to make sure it looked close enough to the original!

45-0453a_01.jpg

Hi,

There's an unpainted original below. Ignore the nuts. Also some more shots from different angles on a wartime one here:

1624970655258.png

Picture Credit @Krakatoa

You can see that the cylinder in the centre, and the flanges look similar, but the bearings on the ends look different (in fact, you might have to use washers or something as spacers for the repro hub, otherwise it looks like it'll clamp too close to the fork ends).

Also, if your blasting it, the Eclipse logo doesn't look that deep, so may not be very visible after that and a coat of paint (actually, they're not normally very visible anyway).

The vast majority of people don't know (or care), so it will be OK with them. Those of us who do know or care will probably think it OK at first glance, but it wouldn't survive any second scrutiny.

Up to you, but those are my thoughts on it. I'm sure there will be others.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Lightly media blast it only to rough up the surface as not to ruin the stamping. It will work fine as long as it is a 36-10 hub.

Back