When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Bicycle Wizardry to Identify some Early Frames 1898-1925

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lux Low

Finally riding a big boys bike
I Have 4 Frames that are a Mystery, I Need help figuring out the Brand or Manufacturer. Any help is appreciated, pictures have notes, frames are numbered, all diamond frames, similar manufacture leads welcome.
thanx tyler

Attachments

• earlydimaond1900inentsm.jpg
    earlydimaond1900inentsm.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 259
  • mysteryteensframe2sm.jpg
    mysteryteensframe2sm.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 262
  • mysteryteensframe3sm.jpg
    mysteryteensframe3sm.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 274
  • mystery1900frame2sm.jpg
    mystery1900frame2sm.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
I can't help with the ID, but I would like to say, welcome to The Cabe!
I've admired your work for a long time.
The Firestone Fleetwood Supreme ended up residing in Switzerland.
I can just imagine the looks that bike gets over there.

Do 4 individual pictures of the complete frames from the chain ring side. Very hard to know a frame without seeing the whole frame in one photo. Roger

More info

Thanx Cycleingday and sorry rodger, Guess i find a Diamond Frame over all picture useless, but will try to get some. Seems I am Leaning towards the Western Union Messenger #2 Being Great Western Manufacturing Company or at least think the fork is.

#4 is a late 1890's gendron with repairs to the rear lower stays ( sleeves attached to the drop outs and the rear upper stays welded to it).

# 4 Rear Drop Outs

So your Saying the # 4 Drop outs are a weld on fix? So Nobody actually factory made bikes using that crude drop out? Interesting, I do think Gendrons has unattached rear upper stays if the bolt was removed, could under stand the fix. I Have a Beautiful Ladies 1898 Gendron on its way to me , so i will have something on hand to make comparisons. Would be interested in Gendron Literature as i have none yet. Thanx for the input.
t

Stil say gendron on on 4 the others are tough. the badge is a great clue but who knows badge spacing could help.

Great western and Crescents used the screw in BBs---in fact 1970s Swedish Crescents BBs will interchange

Back