When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Clipper Speedometer Instructions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
I bought a new reproduction SW Clipper Speedometer which came complete except there were no instructions included. I'm not familiar with this model, so if anyone has an instruction sheet that they would share I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg

These Speedo units are pretty straight forward. Looks like you have a stem mount for the Speedo head and the drive hangs on the axle. The drive wheel mounts over the axle to the spokes. If your missing the drive wheel oval slotted screws and nuts I can send you a set. You should be able to find some pics via google and be able to install pretty easy from there.

It came with 3 large and 3 small washers along with 3 screws with nuts. I'm guessing those are used to hold the drive wheel to the spokes? And does the drive wheel go on the left or right side? Thanks.

The left side.
The gear box hangs below the axle and can be adjusted for engagement by sliding the fiber gear spindle in or out,
The bracket can also be bent in or out for the same task.
I usually strap the drive cable to the left truss rod to keep it from flopping around.
There may be an instruction sheet posted in the restoration tips forum.

Thanks guys for all the help! Just finished the install. Seems kind of an overkill of a design, but it works. Can't imagine those plastic gear teeth lasting too long, glad I don't ride each bike too far! Looks good as well, I always liked the Clipper design.

I know, it took me awhile to remember all of the interactions I had with Al/Evans200.
He was collecting like there was no tomorrow, and unfortunately, that turned out to be the case.
I loved seeing his enthusiasm when he got that Dial Your Ride.
From a closet Huffman guy like myself, I am so glad that he got to experience the joy of acquiring such an iconic cruiser like the Huffman Dial Your Ride.
Kind of a " Take me now Lord," type of accomplishment.

Back