When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Dimension from Postwar Monark Springer ~ Leading Fork Spring Tower Height?

-

Krakatoa

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Help!!

Hoping someone here has a postwar Monark Men's Springer apart and can give me the pictured dimension.

I need to shorten and re thread the spring towers on this ladies leading fork, the steering tube has already been done.

Thanks!

Nate

@TheFizzer

20200710_125845.jpg

20200710_125850.jpg

Last edited:
I just checked on another one I have, a 52 and it was 5 1/4 inch. The other one was a 49.

Edit: Just checked another one, another 52, also 5 1/4 inch.

I'm measuring from where the spring sits at the bottom to the top of the threaded part.

Last edited:
Which yoke is on your springer? Super Deluxe

or the older style?

5 1/4 super. . . 4 3/4 on the older one. Measure your springs. If your using re-pop springs they may be a little different. The girl's springers had the spacers for the longer head tube. The pre war yoke was used well into the fifties on standard girl's bikes with spacers.

The tall one on the right being the standard spacer used, but the shorter one was also used. Assemble your springer before you cut it, and see how the springs fit. Those threaded rods are easy to replace, as they sometimes become loose and come out. New ones are simple to make and can be securely set in place with J.B. Weld.

Last edited:
Back