When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help before I buy

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Does the forks look out of wack as well?

The springer fork is missing the chrome truss rods.

1558766430318.png

So went this morning to check it out and was pretty excited about scoring my first Phantom and based on the SN it’s a 1955. I started digging in and nothing is left on this bike except the frame and forks and the forks were cracked! He was asking $150. Even though I wanted this to work out, I walked away. There was just nothing there to even call this a phantom. Very disappointing and the search still continues....

So went this morning to check it out and was pretty excited about scoring my first Phantom and based on the SN it’s a 1955. I started digging in and nothing is left on this bike except the frame and forks and the forks were cracked! He was asking $150. Even though I wanted this to work out, I walked away. There was just nothing there to even call this a phantom. Very disappointing and the search still continues....
Probably a smart move. You'll question yourself for a couple of days then it will all make sense to you that you did the right thing.

Back