When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help before I buy

-

Ridin' my Schween

Finally riding a big boys bike
1558739026293.jpeg

This bike came up on a local CL ad. Can anyone verify if it is a phantom? What should I be looking for when I go to inspect it? Thanks for your help!

Fenders are off a different model Schwinn. If it's cheap and the chrome on the stem, crank, S-2 rims and springer parts is in nice condition it would be worth a few bucks in parts. A serial number and a close look at the paint should tell you if it could have been a Phantom. To my eyes, the paint looks like it's been messed with.

Fenders are off a different model Schwinn. If it's cheap and the chrome on the stem, crank, S-2 rims and springer parts is in nice condition it would be worth a few bucks in parts. A serial number and a close look at the paint should tell you if it could have been a Phantom. To my eyes, the paint looks like it's been messed with.

Thanks for the tips! These things will be on my list to look at for sure.

Yeah, looks like the red was spray bombed and scratched off later, or brushed on cause, it's the wrong shade.. The fork is pre 1955 so, I'd spec the frame to be too. The fenders are not Schwinn of any kind, they're wald or china. , . Lot of money to make it right and with that paint only half A. too. If rims aint S2's even worse.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like the red was spray bombed and scratched off later, or brushed on cause, it's the wrong shade.. The fork is pre 1955 so, I'd spec the frame to be too. The fenders are not Schwinn of any kind, they're wald or china. , . Lot of money to make it right and with that paint only half A. too. If rims aint S2's even worse.
Does the forks look out of wack as well?

Back