When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help dating my tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mike Hughes

Look Ma, No Hands!
Can you help me date this Schwinn tank half ?

Hi, I'm new to this site. I have few things I will be listing but need a little help identifying some of them before I start. I know this is a right side but not sure which model and year. I believe this is a prewar deluxe, am I correct? if so what year? Any idea of it's value? It looks to be in excellent condition, original cream / black paint & stripping, do dents, rust or any other issues that I can see. Has very light rust on the inside but no battery rot in fact it could pass as NOS. Has some remains of a decal but can't make it out, any ideas? I started collecting in 1978 After 15 years of restoring old schwinns I quit about 1990. got a few boxes of parts, Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, hope I did all of this right please let me know if I screwed up.

(PS) I will be back with questions about other parts I'm not sure of.

half tank 001.JPG

half tank 002.JPG

half tank 007.JPG

half tank 004.JPG

half tank 006.JPG

I'm not sure cause I'm more into the straight bar tanks. However a guess would be 1940 cause the lantern battery Also the idea of the switch keeps it specific. To a certain year.Thanks for providing a look into the past.

1941 Deluxe Autocycle tank half. Rare part, don’t get ripped off by selling cheap

I would eBay auction it personally

I'm not sure cause I'm more into the straight bar tanks. However a guess would be 1940 cause the lantern battery Also the idea of the switch keeps it specific. To a certain year.Thanks for providing a look into the past.
Thanks for taking the time to help. Mike

Back