When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Finding Correct Seat

-

CURTIS L LINDGREN

I live for the CABE
Hello Everyone,
I need help . I'm not sure what type of seat my bike is supposed to have on it. It came to me with a Schwinn seat on it . I have an aftermarket seat on it (Temporarily ) I find very little info on this model . The Closest I've seen is a Model LK69T , But I think that is a Columbia model. It is a Westfield , Made by Westfield..................not Columbia. Not sure on the year , so I added a picture of the serial # . It has peaked fenders , and came to me with one Goodyear tire , and one Seiberling Tire (Not sure which was Stock) Is the seat supposed to be Persons , Lobdell . Troxell ? Frame and springs supposed to be Black , or Chrome ? I need help . Thank You in Advance !

DSCF0835.JPG

DSCF0836.JPG

DSCF0837.JPG

DSCF0838.JPG

DSCF0839.JPG

DSCF0845.JPG

Last edited:
The Black bike is very similar . You say that's a '46 I feel like mine is a '47 , but not sure yet. Maybe that's the light i should be lookin' for as well ! Thanks for posting the pic's danfitz1

Last edited:
Hi danfitz1,

L was 47, and it could be a lightly stamped L at the beginning of youyr s/n. A difficult letter on a curved surface. No other date letter really matches the bike's style, and also s/n placement.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I haven't seen a Westfield with a Lobdell or the sliding rail mesinger...my 3 all have persons but they are a little older (37-39) but I find there are no hard and fast rules with westfield...

Curt - You ever find a saddle you love for this bike?

:poutingcat: Yes , I Used a seat that came on a '55 Schwinn Tiger that I got not too long ago . It did not match the bike , so I put it on the Westfield . The seat was part of the reason I bought the Tiger. I think it is a pretty good fit . The Westfield is a 1947 .............the plate shown here was on it when I got it. I'll be putting it back on soon , it's calling out for it ! Ride Safe .

DSCF0893.JPG

DSCF0895.JPG

DSCF0901.JPG

DSCF0903.JPG

DSCF0891.JPG

DSCF1299.JPG

Back