When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Finding Correct Seat

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

CURTIS L LINDGREN

I live for the CABE
Hello Everyone,
I need help . I'm not sure what type of seat my bike is supposed to have on it. It came to me with a Schwinn seat on it . I have an aftermarket seat on it (Temporarily ) I find very little info on this model . The Closest I've seen is a Model LK69T , But I think that is a Columbia model. It is a Westfield , Made by Westfield..................not Columbia. Not sure on the year , so I added a picture of the serial # . It has peaked fenders , and came to me with one Goodyear tire , and one Seiberling Tire (Not sure which was Stock) Is the seat supposed to be Persons , Lobdell . Troxell ? Frame and springs supposed to be Black , or Chrome ? I need help . Thank You in Advance !

DSCF0835.JPG

DSCF0836.JPG

DSCF0837.JPG

DSCF0838.JPG

DSCF0839.JPG

DSCF0845.JPG

Last edited:
The Black bike is very similar . You say that's a '46 I feel like mine is a '47 , but not sure yet. Maybe that's the light i should be lookin' for as well ! Thanks for posting the pic's danfitz1

Last edited:
Hi danfitz1,

L was 47, and it could be a lightly stamped L at the beginning of youyr s/n. A difficult letter on a curved surface. No other date letter really matches the bike's style, and also s/n placement.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I haven't seen a Westfield with a Lobdell or the sliding rail mesinger...my 3 all have persons but they are a little older (37-39) but I find there are no hard and fast rules with westfield...

Curt - You ever find a saddle you love for this bike?

:poutingcat: Yes , I Used a seat that came on a '55 Schwinn Tiger that I got not too long ago . It did not match the bike , so I put it on the Westfield . The seat was part of the reason I bought the Tiger. I think it is a pretty good fit . The Westfield is a 1947 .............the plate shown here was on it when I got it. I'll be putting it back on soon , it's calling out for it ! Ride Safe .

DSCF0893.JPG

DSCF0895.JPG

DSCF0901.JPG

DSCF0903.JPG

DSCF0891.JPG

DSCF1299.JPG

Back