When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help ID'ing my first new bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

asbug

On Training Wheels
OK, so in 1984 or 1985, My mom got me my first new bike. From what I remember it was a Murray BMX. it was Chrome aon black trim / seat. I only remember that it had some small but distinct "1984 Los Angeles Olympics" stickers on the down tube and on one other place (fender?) it also was a made in the USA bike (sticker). Does anyone have a photo of one of these bikes? I got it when I was 12 or 13 and not long after (3-4 years) I got my license, got a job, and moved on from bikes. I had always had used bikes before this and didn't take care of the bike like I should have. I ended up giving it away when I was in HS to another young, poor kid in the neighborhood. I still remember it though. Does any one have a photo of one of these?
Thanks, I collect Muscle bikes that I had used as a kid, but would like to know what to look for if I ever get a chance to get one of these 1984 Olympic BMX bikes.
Thanks for your help and input. The sticker on the seat tube was a black sticker with some stars on it and the "1984 Los Angeles Olympics"

Thanks in advance, KC.

Murray track certified bmx.the 83 and 84 models have the olympics decals.im pretty sure i have one.ill look later.

Back