When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help ID Hawthorne Flyer year

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Monarky

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello All, I inherited this Hawthorne Flyer project which my cousin stripped from the original paint (what a mistake) and never finished his restoration project. I have most of the parts and the nickel plating on them cleaned up very clean. I'm trying to narrow down the year but under the axel it only shows a "O" and just below it a sideways number 9 or 6. Also if this helps the orginal color was maroon with white darts. Luckily he sketched a drawing of the paint scheme which showed a double diamond on both sides of the seat mast and darts not on the top and lower cross bars. The Troxel seat pan was made of wood and the 28 inch wheels are metal wood clad. Please let me know if anyone has an idea of the year and pictures of what it should look like. Thanks Monarky :cool:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hawthorne

Paint description sounds similar to my Flyer, but mine has 26 inch tires. I believe it is a 1935.

Attachments

• MVC-111S.JPG
    MVC-111S.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 128
Isn't the Flyer badge screw holed on top and bottom??

My frame has the badge screws side to side and has the Hawthorne flyer badge but I just can't tell the year because I have seen both badges with screws on top and others on the side.

Paint description sounds similar to my Flyer, but mine has 26 inch tires. I believe it is a 1935.

Hi Gordon, your paint description is exactly how my cousin sketched out before he did thinkable and stripped it. Although my bike came with 28 inch metal wood clad wheels and ND hubs (rear ND class C) and the front ND class A hub.

Back