When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying 1952 schwinn model?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ok so if I wanted to change to the original wheels I would have to change that?

It depends on what your plans are. If you want to piece it back to stock configuration then you'll need the big boys 52 tooth chain ring. These were 1/2" pitch.

1561342023827.png

If you look at catalogs for those years, you'll also notice that the chain ring is from a later bike. My 52 has a skip tooth chain and the Phantom style chain ring. PO could have swapped chain rings to use a single pitch chain with those fancy rims.

Never seen the Phantom style ring in a 1" pitch. The sweetheart ring is what you have?

It depends on what your plans are. If you want to piece it back to stock configuration then you'll need the big boys 52 tooth chain ring. These were 1/2" pitch.

Mostly I just want to put the original pedals and wheels on. So is it possible to make the drop centers work with my bikes current setup?

Mostly I just want to put the original pedals and wheels on. So is it possible to make the drop centers work with my bikes current setup?

Yes. The chain length may be okay, but it will depend on the size sprocket you end up using on the new hub.

PO had a washer here where he had the light mounted. Is it necessary? View attachment 1020064

No, washer is not needed. Loosen, but do not remove the bolt. Tap it with a mallet, this should dislodge the wedge. Then, twist and pull up on the bars to remove.
Then with the bars/ stem removed, unthread the bolt from the wedge, and remove the washer.
Then reinstall the bolt and begin threading it into the wedge. Reinstall on bike and tighten the bolt.

No, washer is not needed. Loosen, but do not remove the bolt. Tap it with a mallet, this should dislodge the wedge. Then, twist and pull up on the bars to remove.
Then with the bars/ stem removed, unthread the bolt from the wedge, and remove the washer.
Then reinstall the bolt and begin threading it into the wedge. Reinstall on bike and tighten the bolt.
I had to remove the bolt to get the light off, is that bad?

Back