When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying 1970s BMX rat ride ape hanger banana seat

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Gunner

On Training Wheels
Was painted over long ago. No badges seen. The distinguishing feature is the rocket ship like chain guard and stick shift. Totally unmarked . Any idea what brand it is.

157CC161-3278-4657-BFED-57B08971D880.jpeg

Murray made bike. I can't quite make out the ghost image on the chain guard that would have been the model of this bike. Looks similar to "Buzz Bike" models.

It is a Murray Eliminator. It may have been sold through Murray, or through a department store or auto parts store back in the late 1960's or early 1970's. All of the Murray frames are serial numbered on the non-drive side rear drop out. The serial number will help you decode the model it was. There is a date code, a store code (for the place it was sold) and a model number.

If you post the serial number I think we can find the year and place it was sold. You may have to sand through some paint to see it though!

It is a Murray Eliminator, made by Murray, but possibly sold as a Murray bike, or through a department store or auto parts store back in the late 1960's or early 1970's. The frames are all stamped with a serial number on the non-drive side rear dropout. It will have a code for the year, a code for the place it was sold, and the model number.

If you post the serial number I think we can find the year and place it was sold. You may have to do a little sanding to see it though!

Back