When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying a GT Performer

-

Jon Holder

Look Ma, No Hands!
Need some help to determine if my GT Performer is all original so that I list it correctly. I believe it to be a 1986 Chrome and Black model made in Taiwan
(Serial number DS60 935255). I know these bikes were available with spoke wheels but I have only seen a few that don't have mags. I assume they are
original but have never seen a set quite like them with the blue accents. These blue accents also carry over to the seat post, petals and grips. What do you
guys think? All Original? Desirable
IMG_2697 (1).jpg
? This bike has been stored away for many years and is a survivor.

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2709 (1).jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

Looks very, very nice! I'd say it's the real deal! Odd it appears to have a Maui Blue seatpost and not chrome. Tires are likely replacements, as maybe the pedals and grips? Overall you have the big-ticket items present!

Yes, very desirable and decent money bike. I see an easy $2k there in today's market.

Yes, I believe you are correct. That is the wheel. So would that wheel be available on a 86 GT Performer when new or
something that was added later? I believe I have seen at least one other GT Performer with that wheel.

if wheels aren’t original, nbd. Those wheels could likely be sold separately for more money than correct GT OGK mags could be bought for. You should check out BMXmuseum.com they have a killer buy/sell group where you could find parts or sell this rad bike!

Wow. That 86 performer is full on. The seat and that stem are big ticket items as well as the frame and fork. Plus 1 on the $2k appraisal above. But don’t sell it or break it up. Keep it all together it’s perfect. Agree that bike probably didn’t come with those wheel. It either came with white ukia spikes like my blue one Or OGK mags like my purple. Pic below for your ref. I’ll see you on the museum

D6AAFA11-12C6-4225-B3A3-AD8DC7057B59.jpeg

Yes it looks like those wheels were added later. I need to take some better photos and then look for this bike to be listed.
Not sure if I should do an e-bay auction or list it on the buy/sell group. What do you think?

I’d do it here, FB Marketplace, Craigslist or BMX museum. Desirable enough bike and being in NY you’d have enough local demand to get top dollar. I’d list at $2500 or even $3k. NICE Performer!

Back