When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying a Vintage Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wewentfast

On Training Wheels
Hi, new here.

My 75 year old neighbor, who was a racer back in his youth, gave me this bike. He bought it in Bloomington, IN back in the late 60s (in this exact condition, and with the handlebars upside down!) and hasn't touched it since.

Seems like it's a cool old track bike. I'm a mountain biker and occasional road rider with a bunch of modern bikes in my garage but I've never worked with vintage. What do I have on my hands here?

I've found a shop in town that specializes in vintage rebuilds (and has been around for 6 decades) but I found this site and thought I'd check in here.

Thanks,

Brett
@wewentfast

IMG_4445.JPG.jpeg
[/ATTACH]
IMG_4441.JPG.jpeg
IMG_4443.JPG.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg

Serial number would help. Looks like a late 40's Superior. Picture of the bottom bracket might have it,or rear drop outs.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Paramount maybe? Not an expert on these at all... Just appreciative of the work they did on the frames...
Lugs look right (like the ones on mine) Yours appears to be an earlier model obviously...
Are the numbers on the label tape off the bike, and if so, located where?
Mine:
IMG_1240 RS.jpg

REC

Serial number would help. Looks like a late 40's Superior. Picture of the bottom bracket might have it,or rear drop outs.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

That last photo shows a label which I'm assuming is the serial number. Where would I go to look that up?

That last photo shows a label which I'm assuming is the serial number. Where would I go to look that up?
The serial number on that bike will have just three numbers, and will be one of three places: under the bottom bracket or on either the drive side or non-drive side rear dropout. The number on the tape is not a serial number; it is the Nervex bottom bracket casting/model number.

Back