When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying an old Hawthorne

-

Carl Phillips

On Training Wheels
20170902_125529.jpg
20170902_125536.jpg
20170902_125547.jpg
I just picked this up. I know it's an old Hawthorne but I'm not sure of the year. I believe prewar but maybe someone can help me narrow it down.
20170902_125529.jpg

Hmmm. where can I get me one of those heavy Dog chains like yours? Like the Bike--Prewar 37-38--- Odd Frame--Don`t know what the tank would look like--- Nice Find !--------Cowboy

Thanks guys! This is my first prewar bike! I was thinking 1936 from what I'd found researching it. Would it have had a chain guard? I'm pretty sure it's mostly complete otherwise. Lady I got it from had it sitting in front of her restaurant for the last 15 years. Chained to a street sign for the last 3. I cut the chain and it still rolls! It's stiff but everything moves! Try that with a new wally world bike!

My girlfriend and I are going to get started cleaning it up today. Pretty sure its been repainted but I'm still going to just try shining it up first. This winter I'll tare it down for a restore.

It does have a chain Guard, teardrop like the sprocket

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back