When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help identifying bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Open this link and look at the chart for Cleveland Welding serial number.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/cleveland-welding-s-n-project.2705/page-22

If I read your serial number correctly and tie it into this chart, your bike is a 1959. But I can't find any other images of '59's with your chain ring and chain guard. Search Google images for others that look like yours using the basics that you've been given.

Last edited:
AMF sold their bikes as Roadmasters or Shelbys, but they also supplied bikes to a lot of other retailers who sold them under a lot of different names, so if you don't have a head badge it's going to be hard to find out what it originally sold as. The decal on the top tube is your best clue, if it's original.

AMF definitely, by the frame geometry and dropouts. And the seat post that tightens like a handlebar stem is AMF. The serial number looks offset and stamped unevenly, maybe it's a local number someone put on it. What year is the bike license, 1965? Check the left rear dropout for a small font serial number.

That chain wheel is Ross, probably from an older bike.
1561588306688.png

The chain guard was also added, maybe aftermarket. The seat is also older looking than the bike. It looks like the right fenders for it, but the rear fender doesn't line up with the seat stay hole. Maybe just needs adjusted?

Also, rims are the same as I had on my 60's AMF, and they match, so I would guess they are the originals for your bike.

Last edited:
Back