When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying Bike

-

STIKSHIFTER

Finally riding a big boys bike
Found in the trash. Frame has been sprayed flat black but appears red underneath. Serial number on headtube HC5957703. Has a Bendix 70 rear hub. I believe it's a Huffy from late '70's??? Any info appreciated or photos of what this bike should look like. TIA.

Huffy5.jpg

Huffy4.jpg

Huffy3.jpg

Huffy2.jpg

Huffy1.jpg

Where in the trash, do you go dumpster diving. I do but have never found a bike. Have found lots of other good stuff. I don’t actually dive into the trash I just drive down the alley.

Yeah, that's the serial number. Look over the dropouts next to the rear axle real good for more numbers. You might find 2 more numbers. One may be a date code.

Yeah, that's the serial number. Look over the dropouts next to the rear axle real good for more numbers. You might find 2 more numbers. One may be a date code.
Will do. Thanks! The repaint is pretty thick and doing a good job hiding detail.

Where in the trash, do you go dumpster diving. I do but have never found a bike. Have found lots of other good stuff. I don’t actually dive into the trash I just drive down the alley.
Go out on trash night. You'd be shocked at what people throw away.

Back