When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying frame maker

-

Bryan Jobe

On Training Wheels
Hello all,

I used to build custom cruiser bikes about 20 years ago and just recently sold most of my bikes, frames, parts, etc. but have held onto a few and recently built this frame into bmx cruiser type bike...super fun to ride.

Anyway, I've had this frame for years and could never track down it's maker or possible age. It has pre-war style chain tensioner drop outs, a fender brace for a peaked fender, big fat screw/rivet in top of BB shell for a chain guard mount and a unique mid tube frame with a slight bend a blending into the top tube at the seat tube.

Sorry I only have this one photo right now, I'll take more

IMG_2560.JPG

Headbadge is long gone but is larger spacing than a typical Schwinn type. Frame has been painted red so no identifying colors

Thanks!

Bryan

You are correct! Thanks for the info, looks like it’s a ‘56 with the serial number I found on the dropout this morning. Didn’t realize any maker was still using that style drop outs for so long. Now to track down a head badge...
They were the last to use rear facing dropouts (pre-BMX), used through '58!!!

Hello all,

I used to build custom cruiser bikes about 20 years ago and just recently sold most of my bikes, frames, parts, etc. but have held onto a few and recently built this frame into bmx cruiser type bike...super fun to ride.

Anyway, I've had this frame for years and could never track down it's maker or possible age. It has pre-war style chain tensioner drop outs, a fender brace for a peaked fender, big fat screw/rivet in top of BB shell for a chain guard mount and a unique mid tube frame with a slight bend a blending into the top tube at the seat tube.

Sorry I only have this one photo right now, I'll take more

View attachment 1302791
Headbadge is long gone but is larger spacing than a typical Schwinn type. Frame has been painted red so no identifying colors

Thanks!

Bryan
More than likely if it has the peaked fender brackets I like it for a CWC Roadmaster frame. Not sure of the year , but maybe a early 40's prewar frame.

Back