When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying the year of this Western Flyer Pedal Power Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

L20111

On Training Wheels
Looking to get some help Identifying the Year for this Western Auto Supply Co. Western Flyer Tricycle. Also looking for a good place to find parts for it for the wheels and pedals. I've looked on ebay but couldn't find this exact one. Also any Idea on Value....and if it hurts the value to restore it.

20210619_122955.jpg

20210619_123008.jpg

20210619_123022.jpg

20210619_123052.jpg

20210619_123012.jpg

20210619_123026.jpg

20210619_123029.jpg

20210619_123016.jpg

It's hard to pinpoint an exact year for this tricycle but I'm guessing 1940s based on the tire style. The tricycle was actually made by the Junior Toy Co. and sold through Western Auto with their Western Flyer store brand badge. Junior Toy made this style tricycle over several years which is why exact dating is difficult. It won't hurt the value, which is minimal for this basic model, if you wish to restore it. The seat has been replaced at some point because Junior Toy had a distinctively designed seat. The rear step plate design is the positive identifier that it is a Junior Toy model. The tires appear to be the type having a center wire that hold them on. If so, someone with the tool to apply new rubber and twist the center wire would be needed. Pedals might be the slip-on type held in place by a push nut. Maybe someone else will chime in with additional information.

Dave

I agree with Dave. Even really nice ones of these are only about $50 trikes. That said if your looking to sell I wouldn't put dime in it. If looking to keep and enjoy then don't worry about it. V/r Shawn

Back