When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help Identifying this 1890's circa Triumph

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

my560sec

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello members: Can anyone identify this 1890's Triumph model? Would like to also locate correct wheels and saddle... Thank you in advance.

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

Hi,

I'm sorry, I can't help with the details of the bike (if that's the original badge transfer, it is in remarkable condition!)

This is Grace's Guide to historic UK businesses, which gives a history of the company.

It has this good April 1899 advertisment for a Triumph Tandem. I wonder if any survive?

1684656975093.png

Can't help either with catalogue info, the V-CC library site doesn't have any Triumph catalogues from that era unfortunately.
They also don't have a 'Marque Enthusiast' for Triumph cycles at the moment, so I can't put you in touch with anyone on that front either.
Here is a link to a Facebook group over here that might be able to assist in your quest for information:

Here's another link to a site detailing the early history of Triumph:

...which may be of interest.

I'm not sure on that headbadge transfer being from that early period that your bicycle clearly dates from; I thought they used brass headbadges early on, but I'm no expert.
Sorry I can't help more.

Back