When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying This Tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Howdueyoudue

On Training Wheels
Thanks for having me as a member.

Picked this up last Sunday. I have been looking to get one to restore for my son and this has been what I believe to be the most complete one I have seen (nothing too bent, tires in great shape, has both pedals)

Got home and tried to identify it but can't find the same one online. After treading through a sea of info, finally had enough and broke out the stripper (someone buzzed bombed it at some point) and went to work on where the model label would be. So here's what I think I know, it looks to be a firestone tricycle. Colson made tricycles and bicycles exclusively for firestone for a year in the 40s before the war.

Hoping someone here can confirm or deny this especially as I can't find one with the same rear end (3 posts).

Appreciate any and all feedback. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 95
I know what you mean about the rear design. I've never seen that style rear step plate on a Colson before. Though it doesn't rule out Colson because I'm sure I haven't seen every model they ever made from the 1940s period. I save lots of trike photos and will have to see if I can somehow ID it when I get a chance. It should clean up really nice and is in fairly decent shape for it's age.

Dave

Thanks Dave. What models have you seen with this kind of rear step? I'm not sure it's a Colson, I'm going by the decal and overall look and it looked like a Colson. Thanks again

Back