When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying year Early 60's ( I think) JC Higgins bike

-

dplantz

On Training Wheels
I have had this as yard art for years, and decided to do a "rusto" restore on it.

On bottom of the frame I got these numbers

MUU502

Would like to know year and model name

I tried for over a month to deal with NBHAA.com and have had enough of their rudeness!
JC Higgins before1.jpg
JC Higgins before2.jpg
JC Higgins front view .jpg
JC Higgins serial .jpg
JC Higgins serial2 .jpg
JC Higgins top view .jpg

It's a Murray Ohio Built bike.They made JC Higgins but I cant tell if this is one of them.The front fender is on backwards,fix that and it will look a bit better.

I have had this as yard art for years, and decided to do a "rusto" restore on it.

On bottom of the frame I got these numbers

MUU502

Would like to know year and model name

I tried for over a month to deal with NBHAA.com and have had enough of their rudeness!

Welcome to The CABE! According to the book "Collectable Elgin - J.C. Higgins - Hawthorn Bicycles," that's a '61 J.C. Higgins and it shows up in the Sears, Roebuck 1961 Spring & Summer Catalog. "45702" is the model number.

Actually it is not on backwards, it is just that the mounting screw under the fork was missing. I actually have it mostly restored now, will post pics in a couple days of the fin

Ok got the bike done and am already riding it. Kinda did it " Rat Rod" style, but besides the handlebars, basket
20150116_135604.jpg
20150116_135635.jpg
20150116_135701.jpg
20150116_135711.jpg
and seat the bike is all original

Back