When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The axle is way back in the drop-outs and the chain still looks slack; we see a 2nd master link.
I recommend that you look at, (besides the tilted seat scraping the top bar and high stem possibly expanding on the threads), removing 1" of chain, which may move the axle forward about 1/2" (or less, since the chain is already loose).

Would it be safe to assume that its a 1930 Columbia Junior Roadster, with the later model chainring?
Well, no, Montgomery Ward Hawthorne bicycles also had the side-holes.
Hawthornes.JPG
And for the sprockets, there is a thread for that also.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/sprocket-compilation-pic-heavy.41683/#post-233988
From a distance, it looks almost like the 5-coffins sprocket, (but it is not); lucky you.

About 42mm across, when transferred to paper? Sounds like a skeletonized Westfield badge; looking for one of those myself for my 1932-K junior roadster.

If wider, maybe a “Columbia” badge might fit.

Last edited:
Still searching for the correct head badge. The left mounting hole is 2" from the top and the right mounting hole is 1 3/4" from the top. Measurement from mounting hole to hole is
1 3/4". It appears that most head badges have mounting opposite of mine or straight up and down.

Most likely Columbia as the 3 early Columbia's I have (had), 1926 motobike (have), 1926 camelback(had), and 1930 camelback (have) all had/have the offset badge holes exactly as you describe.

Mike

Back