When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help IDing our family heirloom...

-
K

kvan

This was purchased by my grandmother for her second daughter in 1942, I believe it was, from the Montgomery Ward catalog. Made by Schwinn? my grandfather remembers, but I do not believe it is marked as such.

I have a few more pictures if this is not enough. Thank you for helping to solve our mystery!

Attachments

• wilautocycle..jpg
    wilautocycle..jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 123
Oh.....this is a tough one, isn't it? Does anyone have any ideas (besides contacting Schwinn, which we've done) to attempt an ID on this cycle? I can answer questions about its structure, as it has been through three generations in our family now. Thanks!!

Checked through the toy catalogs I have, but no success this time. It's built like an Irish Mail cart, with pedals instead of a handle you pump.

Dave

Not sure who made it, but it was not Schwinn. They never made anything like that.

Not sure who made it, but it was not Schwinn. They never made anything like that.

I was thinking the same thing. But I didn't want to embarass myself again :p

The thingy looks German to me. For some reason, I think I recall seing something like that in a photo my grandparents took in Germany in the 70s. Of course, I have been wrong before.

Back