When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help On A 37 Roadmaster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sprocket man

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm trying to finish up 37 Roadmaster Supreme before going to paint. I started restoring/building
this bike several years ago and need to "geterdone". The problem is the front fender.
Question: Does the fender mount directly to the fork with screws or does it use a fender
with a recessed area with no screws and with a rubber spacer. I have several fenders--
one that I tagged "roadmaster" several years ago with no mounting holes at the fork area.
This should be an easy answer for someone with an original but not for a person that just doesn't know.
Again, I'd like to thank all of collectors for their help that I've received in the past.
roadmaster in primer 003.JPG

the blue girls roadmaster I listed earlier today was bone stock and fender mounted to truss rod fork, same as yours with one single screw in the center of fender

I can check my RMS tomorrow when I get home. I don't believe the fenders you have are correct for a RMS though. They should have small duck tails. The pic of my girls bike shows this better than the pics I have of my boys bike. I believe these mount straight to the fork. The prewar Shockmaster equipped bikes used the rubber spacer. V/r Shawn

DSC_0307%20-%20Copy.JPG

DSC_0779 - Copy.JPG

OMFG, Pant, pant, drool, drool....I have a 37 catalog, I can send you pics out of it or i believe the site owner still has a couple copies for sale on ebay. What a find man!

The front fender mounts with a single screw from the bottom side of the fender. It attaches to the bottom of the fork.

Shawn is right, those fenders are not correct for the 37RMS. They should be peaked duck tail fenders as pictured on my bike.
photo.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
IMG_4227.JPG
001 (3).JPG

Those replies really helped me out--I saw pictures of numerous roadmasters but thought
that the flare was just an illusion because of the cut at the end of the fender. I went thru
my fender stash this morning and found 12 front fenders with a "full" duck bill contour.
None of these would be applicable. I did take a look at my 38 Hawthorne and it had this
correct flare. Now----does anyone have a set of these roadmaster fenders for sale or
trade ? By the way--thanks for the info.
38 HAWTHORNE ZEP.jpg

38 HAWTHORNE ZEP.jpg

Those replies really helped me out--I saw pictures of numerous roadmasters but thought
that the flare was just an illusion because of the cut at the end of the fender. I went thru
my fender stash this morning and found 12 front fenders with a "full" duck bill contour.
None of these would be applicable. I did take a look at my 38 Hawthorne and it had this
correct flare. Now----does anyone have a set of these roadmaster fenders for sale or
trade ? By the way--thanks for the info.View attachment 340683

View attachment 340686
Oh boy....good luck. Just ask Eddie(CWC) how easy it was for him to find his set of fenders:(

sprocket man,
also note that the Snyder built fenders may look similar at first glance. However, they are very different in the fender crown contour and tail.

The fenders you need must be CWC built and most likely only came on 37-38 Supreme. The girls supreme fenders are the same and can also be used but the rear fender would need the little skirt holes plugged.

I hope that I haven't bit off more than I can chew----having to find fenders for this Roadmaster.
I went back out and dug a little deeper into my fender stash and come up with this early fender.
Early because of the wire holes with the bushings. Can someone tell me if it's a CWC or Snyder ?
RM FENDER 007.JPG
RM FENDER 004.JPG
RM FENDER 005.JPG

Back