When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

need help on bicycle i.d.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dukjupiter

'Lil Knee Scuffer
no badge, has serial number F 36323 A and what appears to be a C with w inside it. also on frame center down tube partial badge Cleveland welding co. Cleveland O. and what looks like built for the worlds fair? could this be 1939 fair or 1964 fair. bike is not complete but what is there is pretty nice. original paint.
stuff 011.JPG

thank you
Early 50s CWC built and not a World's Fair Bike
. I thought so too. what do you make of the decal? and any way to run that serial number down? didn't mention but has "meteor 3" pedals made by the Torrington co along with handle bars if that helps. thanks dan

Off the top of my head I want to say about '51 or '52. A bicycle serial will not tell you much more. This bike was likely a mid level bike (Pleasure Liner?) and probably had a tank and rack. If it had a tank you may see some tell tale marks on the tubes. Not sure what else you are looking for but that's about it as far as I know. V/r Shawn

I was thrown off by the decal but might not be reading it correctly. I also saw that same front end for sale and seller stated "from the 30's" which didn't seem correct. those double springs seems later to me than 30's. I am going to sell all this stuff and didn't want to misrepresent it. thanks for your help.

I was thrown off by the decal but might not be reading it correctly. I also saw that same front end for sale and seller stated "from the 30's" which didn't seem correct. those double springs seems later to me than 30's. I am going to sell all this stuff and didn't want to misrepresent it. thanks for your help.

There is a pre war version of this fork. V/r Shawn

DSC_0008%20-%20Copy.JPG
DSC_0021-Copy.jpg

Well you have a good start to a early 50's cwc, Cleveland welding built bike could be a roadmaster/ western flyer? the seat post is 5/8 in.they are easy to find ! ( wrong chain guard ) The carrier would have the same crash bars as the springer. the seat post ( clamp) on yours is 1948 to 53 and the crash bars makes it 50's the fellow cabers are right on the money w/there comments....hope this helps ? Richard...

Your bike was built between 50-51. The ACw stamp was only used those 2 years. The sprocket on your bike only came on Roadmaster badged bikes. The chainguard is aftermarket. Nice original paint in a cool color.

Back