When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on I.D. of 25" wood front bicycle wheel

-
C

cutthroatcc

I'm new to the CABE and not sure how to include pictures of my wheel. But I'll try.Its a 25" (O.D.) for a 28" tire I believe. It has 36 spokes (5 are missing) and faded red and blue paint with metal clad around exterior of wood rim.
bkyd 974.jpg
bkyd 975.jpg
bkyd 972.jpg
bkyd 976.jpg
bkyd 970.jpg
:

Definately a 28 inch wheel. Probably from the turn of the century or a little later. Are you trying to figure out who made the rim? That would be difficult. In the picture, does it have metal on the outside of the rim/where the tire sits? It looks like that in the pic, weird.

Yes, I have both metal clad wooden rims and metal lined wodden rims (and of course, just plain finger joint wooden rims with no metal at all) they all measure the same. The best tires are the Vittoria Evo XG 34-700. You must buy the latex 'pit stop' sealer or they wont hold pressure for more than a day. Memorylane Classics sells them for $150 per pair.

Back