When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on info on my new find

-

Druw34

On Training Wheels
Hey guys,
I decided to go to my local vfw rummage sale this weekend and got up early to hit up the sale early. I purchased a few old saws from a older gentleman and he asked me if i liked rusty stuff. I told him i did. He told me that he had a rusty bicycle in his barn and asked if I would like to buy it. I told him to go grab it and this is what I purchased for 40$.This is my first bike and by doing research it is a prewar crown bicycle from the teens. Can anyone help me on giving me more info on the bike? Value etc.... The sprocket has heart cut outs. Everything looks original but im no expert. Appreciate the help....

20201107_165200.jpg

20201107_185551.jpg

20201107_185816.jpg

20201107_190001.jpg

That kit could go on any bike im pretty sure the pic is an example of what it would go on..40 bucks... is a steal to say the least.. :0 :0 :0

Great deal; some might sell a seat post or stem for that price.
Some GWM bikes had Fauber chain rings, cranks and threaded bottom brackets.

I like the double parallel bar frame; but the quad spring saddle-seat frame is also very uncommon.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I decided to go to my local vfw rummage sale this weekend and got up early to hit up the sale early. I purchased a few old saws from a older gentleman and he asked me if i liked rusty stuff. I told him i did. He told me that he had a rusty bicycle in his barn and asked if I would like to buy it. I told him to go grab it and this is what I purchased for 40$.This is my first bike and by doing research it is a prewar crown bicycle from the teens. Can anyone help me on giving me more info on the bike? Value etc.... The sprocket has heart cut outs. Everything looks original but im no expert. Appreciate the help....

View attachment 1300401

View attachment 1300402

View attachment 1300403

View attachment 1300404
Nice! To the right person, worth $350-$500. Definitely needs some wheel work, tires and someone to stretch new leather on that seat. Parts to restore this will be very pricey, so good that you got it for $40!

Thx guys! Appreciate the info...it was a pretty cool exciting find for me. Ive learned alot about prewar bicycles by finding this one. Pretty cool stuff! Thx again....

first off; Welcome, great find congrats. the one piece crank is fauber, first patt. 1894.. great western made some of the bicycle fitting and cranks for fauber , and GWM. bought out someT.O.C. bicycle mfg. inc. lonn. fauber made one of the first cycle cars in the early 20's

Back