When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help on white tires for 1890s bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jungleterry

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Hello we just got a set of 28 inch white tires for our original 1890s style ladies bike .As she is displayed now . She is wearing black walls .They are early Large chain tread brand single tube tires made in USA .I see in all the ads they should be white since black tires came in around 1910 .The set I bought are great but 3/4 of the tire goes on the rim no problem . I'm afraid to force the last 1/4 on .open to any suggetions.Dont want to damage the wooden rims .thanks so much Terry and tammy

I would say let'em set out in the sun but given it's probably pretty cold where you are maybe a little heat gun action to make them a little more limber?

Yes warm temps till spring now for sure. Heat gun I have . Just never mounted tire on wood in rim .

I put them in the oven at 150-180 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes before mounting. Use plastic cable ties to keep sections mounted when trying to stretch the tire over the remaining final bit of the rim.

I set mine in the hot tub to warm them up ,they where a Robert Dean set

Yep mine where Robert Dean too . I used my heat gun and there on. Thanks everyone looks so much better

Back