When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help removing rear wheel please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

gtdohn

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Came across something I have never done. How do you get the rear wheel off of a chainless bike to put a new tire on it.? It's a 1901 Peerless and I don't want to force anything. It ha s a coaster brake hub.There has to be a trick to it, otherwise how did the guy fix a flat out on the side of a country road?
Please let me know how it's done. I appreciate it.

I have a chainless manual copied in one of my photo albums here on the CABE. That might offer some help.

Because it's for Pope and not Pierce, it doesn't make sense to me. Also I believe it is for a fixed gear bike.
Close but no cigar.

The librarian for the Wheelmen club possibly may have a Peerless catalog that may offer some help. Can't be certain about it.
Usually with chainless bikes the shaft drive has to be pulled out. So you probably have to start at the crank hanger and pull out the large drive gear and then remove the small gear at the front of the shaft. Think this through. The last part that was installed putting the drive system together is the first part to take off.

Back