When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help to identify Schwinn seatpost

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

atencioee

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello experts, please help me identify the seat post on the left. Would this happen to be the nickle plated post found on postwar (late 40s) deluxe B6 Autocycle bikes?

20191126_085515.jpg

20191126_095105.jpg

Hello As the schwinn expert on my block i m inclined to say it is for a prewar seat .The prewar seats have taller clamp compared to later years and if you try to put them on later model posts the part that pinches the seat pole tops out over the pole preventing the clamp to work as designed.

The example shown - while not schwinn has enough area at top for clamp to Lock on to it furthermore, if it is same diameter as versions next to it would be happy to purchase it

Last edited:
Hello As the schwinn expert on my block i m inclined to say it is for a prewar seat .The prewar seats have taller clamp compared to later years and if you try to put them on later model posts the part that pinches the seat pole tops out over the pole preventing the clamp to work as designed.View attachment 1104523
The example shown - while not schwinn has enough area at top for clamp to Lock on to it furthermore, if it is same diameter as versions next to it would be happy to purchase it
If it is a prewar, is it a Schwinn prewar post or another company? If not Schwinn, what other companies produced posts similar to it prior to the war?

Lucky for me I found this seatpost

on floor in garage . Not cad plated not chrome.But the finish you describe in your first post so many questions ago. And this was cut on lathe to facilitate longer seat clamp.Now I can take the 7 post off 48 .I don't like messing around with center of gravity on bike

Back