When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help to identify the Beast

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Neanderthal77

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I picked up this home made tandem today and was wondering what bikes they used. You have to admire the ingenuity of making your own double chain ring. The serial #'s are on the bb and will get pictures of those tomorrow. If you need pictures of something let me know. Thank you

IMG_20180421_171029.jpg
IMG_20180421_175030.jpg
IMG_20180421_175213.jpg
IMG_20180421_175130.jpg
IMG_20180421_175105.jpg

I would say it an old home built bike because there are 2 steer tubes. It was well done but the 2 steer tubes show it was 2 frames joined together. What 2 frames I will let someone else answer. Roger

Here are pictures of the serial #'s. First one is the front frame. Guessing the one is for the police.
IMG_20180422_090222.jpg
IMG_20180422_090421.jpg

With differing gearing front and rear, one puny coaster brake , both, going and stopping would be interesting! Flexible flyer frame construction should provide a smooth ride ( to the ER) as well! Not sure if you should drink before or after attempting to ride! Please don't misunderstand, I totally dig it, Great find!

The inner chain ring on the rear bike is a 'snowflake', seen most often on Hawthornes, could be a 'thorne Flyer.

Back