When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help verifying Schwinn Black Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

chiller662

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am looking at what supposedly is a Schwinn Black Phantom to buy but the numbers only comes up with a 1955 Schwinn and when I look at the crossover i did not see any with the prefix letter T for 55 . If anyone could give me a hand with some info let me know also what is a fair price for it as far as I can tell it says T55503

Edit
Ok so it is a Schwinn from October 1955 is $500 a fair price for the shape it is in.

Last edited:
I am looking at what supposedly is a Schwinn Black Phantom to buy but the numbers only comes up with a 1955 Schwinn and when I look at the crossover i did not see any with the prefix letter T for 55 . If anyone could give me a hand with some info let me know also what is a fair price for it as far as I can tell it says T55503View attachment 1620241

View attachment 1620237

View attachment 1620238

View attachment 1620239

View attachment 1620240
Check the "Schwinn Serial Number Reference" thread pinned at the top of the "All Things Schwinn" forum. October 1955.

Ah so for that year apparently they don't reference what model I saw the cross for October I guess I will go look at the bike again the guy is asking $500
Different models could be built on the same frame, so the serials don't tell anything about the model. Looks like the brake arm says "Shimano" so it's not all original, but most of it looks right from what I can see.

Different models could be built on the same frame, so the serials don't tell anything about the model. Looks like the brake arm says "Shimano" so it's not all original, but most of it looks right from what I can see.
Yes it should be a Bendix from what I have seen I appreciate the help Oilit

looks like a "mostly" Phantom. has the wrong rack but that rack is worth more from what I have seen. possible non Schwinn wheels takes a chunk of the value away. that would be a $500.00 bike where I live, but it would be listed for $800. and never sell.
I think I'm going to take a day or so to see how much the wheels hubs and rack would cost I like keeping stuff original

Back