When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with a shaft drive...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ol'tin bender

On Training Wheels
A guy from another site i am on has this old shaft drive that has a headbadge that reads "Imperial 1901" any help with the id on it and what it might be worth, he is trying to sell it. Thanks.
Valuable_bike_004.JPG
Valuable_bike_008.JPG
Valuable_bike_005.JPG

I'd say it's an Imperial Ladies bike from 1901. It's a chainless, which is a plus, and a ladies bike which is a big minus. It's in pretty scruffy cosmetic condition which is also a minus. I think that Imperials were part of the Pope/ABC empire, but the frame and the rear drop-outs don't look exactly like a contemporary Columbia. As for value, whatever someone will pay for it. The plated parts are rough, so it's not a great parts bike. I'd shine it up, put some 29r rims on it and try to sell it on a fixie board. Here's a ride-able Columbia cushion frame with a coaster brake that was a no-sale at $500.00-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280529154750&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited:
Back