When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with AMF Roadmaster ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have a Schwinn Heavy Duti set up like your AMF. My most comfortable bike and just love the ride. Always go to it over a prewar on longer rides. Call it a "man" ray.

Thanks so much, everyone! Piercer, that Texas Ranger is really neat. And frankandpam, LOVE the "man"ray!! fat tire trader, I think I am with you. I am really liking the "as found" look, but need to stop the rust. I think I will clean it up a bit, put new tires on it and enjoy it. :)

I did find the serial number - it looks to be P-44 something (under the bracket). P would make it about a 1965?

Thanks so much, everyone! Piercer, that Texas Ranger is really neat. And frankandpam, LOVE the "man"ray!! fat tire trader, I think I am with you. I am really liking the "as found" look, but need to stop the rust. I think I will clean it up a bit, put new tires on it and enjoy it. :)

I did find the serial number - it looks to be P-44 something (under the bracket). P would make it about a 1965?
It might be a 1965, but it could also be a 1964. Phil Marshall's list stopped at "N" in 1963, but AMF skipped "I" and may have skipped "O" also. Schwinn did the same thing, probably to avoid confusion between "1" and "0".

Okay, next question: I do want to add one thing, a kickstand, just to keep from having to lay it down or lean it on something. Any suggestions for where to look? I know for the cars I mess with there are known used parts vendors everyone goes to first. Is that the case with these bikes, or is it the CABE For Sale list/eBay/CL/etc. to find what I need?

Okay, next question: I do want to add one thing, a kickstand, just to keep from having to lay it down or lean it on something. Any suggestions for where to look? I know for the cars I mess with there are known used parts vendors everyone goes to first. Is that the case with these bikes, or is it the CABE For Sale list/eBay/CL/etc. to find what I need?
I'd check EBay, the Cabe ads, or maybe a local swap meet. Or if you have a good local bike shop, they may be able to fix you up with one that's the right length and actually works, which a lot of them don't.

Thanks, Oilit! I do have a decent bike shop in town, but would like a stand from around the same age as the bike, if possible. I will check around and see what I find.

It might be a 1965, but it could also be a 1964. Phil Marshall's list stopped at "N" in 1963, but AMF skipped "I" and may have skipped "O" also. Schwinn did the same thing, probably to avoid confusion between "1" and "0".
That's true schwinn skip I and O to avoid confusion whit the numbers 1 @ 0

pretty sure that they just use a Wald 24/26 stand.

If you choose to upsize the tires to 26x2.125, the stock kickstand will be to short and the bike will always want to fall over, just my experience with them.

I went to a 26x1.95 tire on the Ranger before I sold it.

Back