When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with Bendix coaster brake problem

-
I have Bendix coaster brake problems. It is a Bendix RB2 from the mid 60's that when trying to pedal it slips and the pedals go around but the wheel won't turn. It wouldn't catch so I disassembled it and found that one of the brake shoes appeared to be snapped in half. Not sure if a broken brake shoe can cause the drive to slip and not engage. Would this be the sole cause of the drive slipping and not working or could a worn clutch be the cause(see pics)? Anybody else ever have this issue of the drive slipping and not working properly? Please feel free to respond if you have any advice for the fix. I posted some pics of the parts and will need a brake shoe and possibly a clutch. If anybody can help me out selling me the correct parts please message me. Thanks

View attachment 1614424

View attachment 1614425

View attachment 1614426

View attachment 1614427

View attachment 1614430
You need a caged bearing for the hub and a pair of break shoe's and i would go ahead and replace the clutch drive since it's all apart any way.. Flee bag should have the needed parts for this Bendix hub... Good luck.. Razin...

Back