When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help with Evans Colson Scout Serial Number. I've read everything i can find

-

Cruisery

On Training Wheels
I have a brewery and we have 7 or 8 vintage women's bikes and most of them I've been able to find a ton of information about but I'm struggling to find out much about this bike. The Serial number is B177969624. I'm guessing its a 1951? I'll attach pictures. Thank you for any help or resources. If anyone has an old advertisement of the bike I'd love to know how much is cost new.

aron

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

The “624” at the end of the serial number might be a “G24” - meaning Girls 24” wheels.
The “B” at the beginning of the serial number may reflect the date. I call my “D...B26” a 1957; and guess that your “B...G24” may be for 1955, plus or minus.
I believe that the estimate of 1951 may be years too early, as Evan might not have yet purchased the bicycle division of Colson.

<edit> Evans Products bought Colson in 1954.
A 1958 catalog lists the Girls 24" Sonic Scout available in glowing "Colorama" colors: Emerald Green with pine green trim and yellow outline, white seat, grips, pedals.
Few Girls models were ever pictured.

$57.95 new in 1958.

Last edited:
Nice place! Cool bikes too. I haven’t been to Santa Barbara since 2014. Need to get back for a visit!

Santa Barbara is only 2+1/2 hours from Union Station on the Amtrak Coast-Starlight schedule; departure 10:10am, and arrival 12:40pm. About 10 minutes faster on the Pacific-Surfliner.
I believe that now they allow for bicycles to be loaded within the checked baggage car.

Last edited:
Back