When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with Featherstone crank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I believe gts58 is correct. The only way I see it is there is a slot inside and insertion of a pin in the hole to lock the crank in place then rotate one arm to loosen it from the sleeve...

1898 ( found online)

Screenshot_20220920-210902.png

Screenshot_20220920-211254.png

Sorry for the delay on this, so I able to confirm that there is a rod that compresses in the center of the seat post tube that will depress and engage the crank. I do not have the locking mech (referred to as the "knurled button") so it is almost impossible to lock it in and perform any work. Plus it seems to only lock in one direction. I believe I can devise a way to over come this with a pin and a clamp. So the question is; what next? I still have to crank out the left side first. Can I assume that if the internal spring clamp is sufficiently locked that I can back the one half of the crank arm out? Would both cranks still be able to be turned or would one turn independently from the other (with the pin engaged)? Thanks to everyone for the info, its definitely helped me get this far.

Back