When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with glue on tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Not as far as I'm aware. Instructions on latest packaging state: Clean rims, apply tape to rim, put on tyre flat, partially inflate, centralize tyre, remove backing film and fully inflate. No mention of any glue.
I've had no problems in use (so far) @GiovanniLiCalsi, although I’ve not tried it with RD tyres, only tubs.

Found this on the net....

Velox Jantex Belgian Tubular Tape protects tube from spoke/nipple/rim puncture. Increases bond strength between tire and rim. One roll of Tubular tape will do two 700c rims. Must be used in conjunction with tubular glue.

This is the latest Jantex packaging.
Not sure if they still make the product in Belgium, I always thought Velox was a French company, as it says "depuis 1903".
I 've never personally tried the 'Tufo' tape, I'm sure it's just as good!
This works for me.....

WP_20190209_10_27_45_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20190209_10_28_54_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20190209_10_29_03_Pro (2).jpg

No mention of using supplementary glue, although if you're fond of the "belt and braces" approach to life I guess it wouldn't do any harm.
An older riding buddy doesn't use tape or glue on his chainless Columbia, running modern tubs on antique wood rims. In his opinion, modern tubs use such high pressures (I’m currently running a set at 145 psi/10 bar) that this is sufficient to hold tyres onto the rim without any adhesive being used. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing this, but he never has any problems, although he does weigh significantly less than myself!

Last edited:
Back