When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with ID of Monark Firestone

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Abe14

On Training Wheels
Hello everyone. New here and first time posting. Hoping I’m in the right forum. I recently purchased a Monark Firestone Super Cruiser for restoration (and riding). I’m attaching pics of the serial tag and the head badge. The serial tag is pretty worn so I’m hoping someone that knows more about this than me can run with what little I have. I’d like to restore it as accurately as I can so any help with the year would be great. Thanks in advance.
9D96D1DF-EC28-4BA4-A211-267BD6A36D56.jpeg

DDC84651-0EFF-4B4F-B322-AE09B662EFDD.jpeg

B2025551-6DFD-4407-8704-FA15C7575D0E.jpeg

Looking like about a '52-3ish to me. Do you have the rear fender, rack, chain guard, and tank? If not you can buy a nice one of these for about half of what it will cost to restore this one. Unless this bike has sentimental value there is no upside here. I'm seeing a minimum $2500 for proper restoration unless you are capable of doing the pan yourself. The bike also has the wrong seat and pedals and I can't tell on the rims. Of course you can just refurbish it for a lot less. V/r Shawn

Looking like about a '52-3ish to me. Do you have the rear fender, rack, chain guard, and tank? If not you can buy a nice one of these for about half of what it will cost to restore this one. Unless this bike has sentimental value there is no upside here. I'm seeing a minimum $2500 for proper restoration unless you are capable of doing the pan yourself. The bike also has the wrong seat and pedals and I can't tell on the rims. Of course you can just refurbish it for a lot less. V/r Shawn
Running the Lobdell/S2 style rims .... I think. You're Right though it's going to cost a pretty penny even just getting a repop tank off ebay. Like $175, then decals, repop guard available, and then those Coveted rear Super Deep fenders aren't popping up cheap in decent shape & racks either. I mean I can see a Good chunk of dough right there even before paint

Last edited:
@Abe14 don't get us wrong; I Love these Monark bikes but I wouldn't want to piece 1 together with a little budget. You have some of the key pieces like the springer fork, front fender, headlight (is it complete lense & battery tray?), the tombstone rear reflector but just know it won't be cheap to Actually Restore it like it Originally was.

Back