When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with identifying a bike

-
O

oonas3

This seems the place to ask. This was found in a family shed. I can't find any identification on the bike. Is it something unique or just something someone put together. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
P9050434-1.jpg

P9050427-1.jpg

P9050431-1.jpg

It may be made in either India or China.
England set up the former colonies with a massive capability to manufacture both bicycles and motorcycles. They're still being made exactly as they were fifty years ago. You can still get a pretty decent Royal Enfield out of India that looks pretty much like the ones that were made in the late forties.
If your bike is a Raliegh, then it will have a mark some where on the components that designates it as such.

Thanks for the information

Now is it worth anything?? I tried to almost give it away at a yard sale and had no takers. I was going to junk it. Is it worth a best offer and then shipping and handling??

Looks to be a Raleigh DL-1 copy from India or China. Not very valuable and probably not all that old. You can buy one just like it today. Some of these are decent copies and many of the parts will fit a Raleigh.
They're fun to ride and draw a lot of attention.

If you don't want the bike and can't sell it for much,Then donate it to your nearest shelter, ala; Goodwill/ Childrens Hospital/ or the Veterans Administration. That way someone who desperatly needs some transportation can use it for it's intended purpose.

I was telling my neighbor about the bike and she bought it from me for $20. Now my wife is happy it is out of the shed. Thanks for all the help. I just didn't want to get rid of it if it could pay off the house or something.
Doug
Essex, MD

Back