When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with Monark Rocket..which year exactly?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I

IJamEcono

Hi everyone,

I bought this today, and want to know what year it may be. Can't find much info on the internet, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. I just bought it to clean up and ride. Seat needs obvious work, as does chainguard. Some areas look to be repainted.

Model 2260B
Serial #: A1524941

Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• Monarkheadbage.jpg
    Monarkheadbage.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 629
  • MonarkRocket4.jpg
    MonarkRocket4.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 765
  • Monarkrocket.jpg
    Monarkrocket.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 673
  • MonarkRocketteardrop.jpg
    MonarkRocketteardrop.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 632
  • MonarkRockettank1.jpg
    MonarkRockettank1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 631
Adam..thank you. How do you derive 1953 from the serial number? I just found out from a friend that the chainguard was a Schwinn. He suggested I keep it on until I find a correct one.

here is my monark rocket i was told mine was a 46 take a look at chainguard this is the correct one you need. this one is sort of unique to the rockets at least from my research. an interesting side note is that my bike is not chrome plated as some of the other rockets or monarks are. the reason for this was during and following ww-2 chrome was not available so mine has some sort of cad or nickel. again don't know if this is gospel or not just some details i ran across trying to find out about my rocket. monarks seem to be difficult to id. maybe due to what was available for parts was not the same as pictured in the catalog.

Attachments

• monark tank 004.jpg
    monark tank 004.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 611
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 665
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 709
Thanks for the info and the very helpful pictures. Will start looking for the chainguard. I saw some Monark chainguards on ebay, but they don't match what you have. If mine is a 53 and yours is a 46, they would perhaps have different chainguards, right?

Strings n Spokes...that's identical.Thanks for the pictures! Do you agree that it's a 1953?

Monark serial #'s from 1934-54 are listed in "Newsletter By John's An Introduction to Classic Bicycles" book, which shows up on ebay occasionally. Lots of old ads and info. The guard on mpr's Rocket is typical, I believe they were made by McCauley, and chrome aftermarket versions were sold into the 60s. Later ones don't have the straight lines where the crank arm is, it's just another indent. Almost forgot, I have a pic of my ladies' Rocket w/that guard:
adamtinkererscollection2002-1.jpg
String's bike has the deluxe guard used mostly on Monark badged bikes.

Back