When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with this prewar speedometer

-
I don't replace the lenses of they look that good. The only time I pop the bezel off is if the innards are needing help. Getting the bezel off is a challenge. Not for a beginner. You have to have patience and the right tools.Find a beat one first to try.
you have to remember those are pressed on at the factory, there are three little press marks if you ever get it off you'll see, what I use I use a good size round flat punch and a small Hammer just tap it on a heavy piece of foam just tap tap tap and you finally start seeing moving but again very light tap you don't want to damage the bezel or dents in the side of them case or scratch the paint as that was in really good shape just be careful

you have to remember those are pressed on at the factory, there are three little press marks if you ever get it off you'll see, what I use I use a good size round flat punch and a small Hammer just tap it on a heavy piece of foam just tap tap tap and you finally start seeing moving but again very light tap you don't want to damage the bezel or dents in the side of them case or scratch the paint as that was in really good shape just be careful
Thanks much.

Back